- CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora notes the Buccaneers have embraced QB Tom Brady‘s personal trainer Alex Guerrero. He has an office in the team facility and is working with a number of Tampa Bay’s players.
- Brady credits Guerrero with a lot of his success and longevity. The Patriots kicking Guerrero out of the team facility a few years ago was a source of tension between the two sides.
- Adam Schefter reports that Drew Brees told the team that he planned to retire from the NFL after the Pro Bowl back in February.
- From there, Brees met with television networks and was operating as if his career was over.
- The Saints weren’t sure whether Brees would be back and reportedly considered signing Tom Brady in free agency.
- However, Brees opted to return a few weeks into March.
Dan Snyder told Andrew Beaton of the Wall Street Journal that if fans like the Washington Football Team name, they could still with on a permanent basis.
“Sure, it’s possible!” Snyder wrote in an email. “If the Washington Football Team name catches on and our fans embrace it then we would be happy to have it as our permanent name. I think we have developed a very classy retro look and feel.”
“We want our future name and brand to stand for something that unifies people of all backgrounds and to continue to be a source of pride for the next 100 years or more,” Snyder wrote.