- Per NFL Media’s James Palmer, Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury said it would be “a while” until he knows what WR Larry Fitzgerald will do in 2021.
- Cardinals QB Kyler Murray won’t need surgery on his injured ankle but is still feeling sore. (NFL Media)
49ers RT Mike McGlinchey threw his support in behind QB Jimmy Garoppolo, who faces another offseason of questions about his status in San Francisco. McGlinchey said it’s evident based on looking at the results with Garoppolo in the lineup versus when he’s not that it’s not easy to replace him.
“I believe that our team needs him,” McGlinchey said via Chris Biderman of the Sacremento Bee. “I believe that our team is clearly different without him. And the person that Jimmy is, the competitor that he is and the talent that he is, when he’s on, the results speak for themselves. That’s all I really have to say about that.”
- Garoppolo reiterated his own commitment to the 49ers: “I’m a 49er and I’m here to be the quarterback of this team. … This is where I want to be. I love it here.” (Cam Inman)
- 49ers GM John Lynch addressed Garoppolo’s future: “Kyle and I have both spoken and spoken fairly directly and we expect Jimmy to be our quarterback. That’s consistently met with other stories. That’s not a concern to us. … We’ve spoken clearly to that.” (Inman)
- 49ers LT Trent Williams said the 49ers are his ideal team in 2021 but he’s intrigued by the free-agent market: “I’ve yet to see a franchise left tackle go to the open market. It’d be interesting to see what that value holds. Regardless, I’ve maintained that San Francisco is my No. 1 destination. We’ll see how that works out.” (Inman)
The Rams needed a win Sunday against the Cardinals and QB John Wolford delivered in his first-ever NFL action. His passing numbers were pedestrian, 22-38 for 231 yards and an interception, but he ran six times for 56 yards to lead the team. With starting QB Jared Goff still recovering from a thumb injury, Wolford could start Los Angeles’ playoff game against Seattle.
“He made plays,” Rams HC Sean McVay said via Pro Football Talk. “I know there are guys around him that are capable of making some of those and I expect those guys to be able to do that but I thought that he really gave us a chance offensively with the amount of plays that he made in the pass game with his legs, athleticism, being able to extend things, I thought he was outstanding against a really tough defense that came ready to go. I was really pleased with John.”
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport says Goff hasn’t been ruled out yet but it’s expected to be challenging for him to be able to play.