- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Cardinals DB Josh Shaw went to a casino in Las Vegas last summer and placed a sports-bet based on a misinterpretation of the Supreme Court’s ruling.
- Rapoport adds Shaw used his player card and ID to make the bet and has cooperated fully with the NFL upon being notified of his suspension through the 2020 season. He intends to appeal on the grounds that it was an innocent mistake.
- According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, a new coaching staff for the Panthers would have a significant say in determining QB Cam Newton‘s future with the team.
- Panthers S Tre Boston was fined $56,126 for a penalty where he made head-to-head contact with a Saints receiver last week. (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- Per ESPN’s Brady Henderson, Seahawks OC Brian Schottenheimer says they still anticipate RB Chris Carson remaining the starter despite RB Rashaad Penny‘s 14-carry, 129-yard performance last week: “Chris is our guy. We know that.”
- Seahawks LB Jadeveon Clowney told reporters he picked up his core muscle injury during his dominating Monday night performance a couple of weeks ago against the 49ers, saying by the end of the game “my leg, it was hard for me to lift it up.” (Bob Condotta)
- Clowney added the injury would have to be managed the rest of the season. He practiced in a limited fashion Friday and said he doesn’t need surgery: “Not at this moment I don’t.” (Condotta)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!