Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald says he absolutely plans to retire if the team was to win a Super Bowl. He also is willing to fill any role on the team and knows he is no longer the No. 1 receiver in the offense.
“That would definitely validate me,” Fitzgerald said Thursday, via Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com. “You wouldn’t see me around here anymore if that happened. I’m not concerned about (being) the focal point or anything. The ball comes my way, I’ll catch it if I need to block I’ll block, whatever is required. Another catch, another touchdown, another yard is not going to make more whatever — my legacy is pretty much cemented. I just want to win a championship, I want to compete for a division title. Those are the things that are important to me.”
Rams’ RB Darrell Henderson is still dealing with a pesky hamstring injury as Week 1 approaches, but HC Sean McVay says he feels good that Henderson could play.
“We’re working through it,” McVay said, via Pro Football Talk. “He’s trending in the direction that we think he’s going to be able to play, but you don’t want to speak too soon if he has any sort of setback. He is doing the things that make us feel good as a coaching staff that he looks like he’ll be ready to go if he continues on this same path. I think you feel good that he could play right now. In a lot of instances, especially with the soft tissue, you’re relying on the players’ feedback. Like, ‘Hey, can you open up? Do you feel like you’re good to go?’ For him to be out there practicing, he’s feeling good as far as a limited snap count, all those things will work themselves out. We’ll see how the week progresses.”
- Seahawks’ HC Pete Carroll talked about being proactive with T Duane Brown‘s injuries: “He’s been around a long time. We want to make sure and take care of him. It’s a long year and all that and we don’t want to go until he feels something. It’ll be very much the same for a while.” (Brady Henderson)
- Carroll confirmed that DE L.J. Collier will be starting on Sunday. “There will be a good rotation there but it’s because he’s earned it and he’s played really well. He’s just healthier and quicker and stronger in every way.”
- The Seahawks’ showed their belief in Collier by not adding a defensive end in free agency or the draft. The team will use Bruce Irvin, Benson Mayowa, Darrell Taylor, and Alton Robinson on the left side and will rely on Collier and Rasheem Green on the right side.
- Carroll also mentioned receivers David Moore and Freddie Swain: “This is the best David’s ever been and so we’ll play a lot of guys. Freddie Swain’s done a nice job. We’re anxious to see Freddie and we really won’t have any hesitation playing Fred.”
- The Seahawks officially listed OT Jamarco Jones as questionable for Week 1 due to illness.