- Cowboys’ executive Stephen Jones said there is no way that they trade WR Michael Gallup head of the deadline. (Jon Machota)
- Cowboys activated LB Sean Lee and C Joe Looney from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Cowboys promoted CB Saivion Smith to their active roster.
Eagles’ HC Doug Pederson said that a potential benching of T Jordan Mailata for veteran T Jason Peters could be helpful in his growth and development for the future and compared it to benching WR Nelson Agholor in 2016.
“We’re going to make the best decision for the football team moving forward,” Pederson said, via Zach Berman of The Athletic. “I’ll say this: I go back to Nelson Agholor a few years ago, and an opportunity for him to kind of see the big picture. Don’t take me wrong here; I love where Jordan’s at. I love where his growth is, right? But at the same time, sometimes if Jason Peters starts at left tackle, it allows Jordan to see the big picture, as well, and kind of step back and observe that way, and sometimes that helps young players, too. First of all, Jordan filled in nicely. He’s done a great job, and I think that’s a bright spot for us having seen him play and really play against some really good defensive ends or outside linebackers. We all know that Jason Peters feels comfortable at left tackle and he’s a veteran player and if that’s where we want to play him this week, even if he’s available to play, (we will). It’s just something that I think too with Jordan, again, the reps, the time on task is just valuable and something he can learn from as he progresses and moves forward. So, it gives us a lot more depth now at the offensive line position, that’s for sure.”
- Mike Kaye of NJ.com is of the opinion that the Eagles should not bench Mailata, regardless of the return of tackles Jason Peters and Lane Johnson to the lineup. Kaye believes doing so would stunt the growth of Mailata, who could be a cheap, yet serviceable roster piece going forward.
- Notably, Mailata has only given up three sacks and committed one penalty, despite having never played in a high caliber game prior to being thrown into the mix in Philadelphia.
- Kaye says that the situation with Agholor is not the same, due to the fact that Agholor was playing poorly and Mailata is playing well. He adds that instead of continuing to teach Mailata, benching him would just take away valuable reps during his promising development.
- Eagles activated TE Dallas Goedert, WR Jalen Reagor, OL Jason Peters, LB T.J. Edwards and S Rudy Ford from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Eagles waived TE Hakeem Butler. (NFLTR)
- Eagles promoted CB Michael Jacquet and DT Raequan Williams to their active roster.
- Giants HC Joe Judge did not rule out the possibility of their offensive line using a rotation at left guard in Monday Night’s game against the Buccaneers. (Zack Rosenblatt)
- Judge said Giants RB Devonta Freeman and WR Sterling Shepard both “have a chance” to play on Monday. Freeman hasn’t practiced all week Shepard has been limited. (Rosenblatt)