- Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones brought up how several returning players next season can help the Cowboys in a big way, including QB Dak Prescott, RT La’el Collins, LT Tyron Smith, DT Trysten Hill, and DT Gerald McCoy: “You talk about La’el [Collins], Tyron [Smith]. You talk about our QB. You talk about 2 of our better DTs in Trysten [Hill] and [Gerald] McCoy. There’s some opp. out there that are gonna return to us that should be a big help to us.” (Jon Machota)
- OUT for Week 17: CB Rashard Robinson (knee), LB Leighton Vander Esch (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: S Darian Thompson (concussion), S Xavier Woods (ribs)
Eagles HC Doug Pederson confirmed that he has a great relationship with DC Jim Schwartz and believes Philadelphia’s defense progressively improved throughout the season.
“Our relationship has evolved tremendously. We’ve been more on the same page over the years. …As the season progressed this year, I thought the defense was actually doing some really good things for us. …Overall, it’s been really good,” said Pederson, via Zach Berman.
- After receiving questions about his job security, Pederson mentioned that he typically meets with Eagles’ owner Jeffrey Lurie a day or two after the season’s conclusion and expects to continue coaching Philadelphia in 2021. (Berman)
- Pederson still has “a ton of confidence” in Eagles QB Carson Wentz and said their offseason will be focused around “getting things fixed” for the quarterback position and the team. (Berman)
- Dave Zangaro notes that the following players did not participate in the Eagles’ Friday practice and does not expect them to play in Week 17: DT Fletcher Cox, RB Miles Sanders, TE Dallas Goedert, DE Derek Barnett, OT Jordan Mailata.
- OUT for Week 17: DE Derek Barnett (calf), LB Shaun Bradley (neck), DT Fletcher Cox (neck), TE Dallas Goedert (calf), WR DeSean Jackson (ankle), T Jordan Mailata (concussion), LB Duke Riley (biceps), TE Richard Rodgers (ankle), RB Miles Sanders (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: CB Michael Jacquet (calf)
- According to Ralph Vacchiano, the Giants initially planned to have assistant OL coach Ben Wilkerson fill in for OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo at practice and for Week 17’s game after DeGuglielmo tested positive for COVID-19.
- However, Art Stapleton notes that Wilkerson was identified as close contact to DeGuglielmo and is being isolated from the rest of the team.
- Stapleton adds that Wilkerson would be eligible to coach in Sunday’s game if he tests negative on Friday and Saturday, while not being changed to a high-risk close contact designation.
- Giants HC Joe Judge said TE Evan Engram (ankle) did well in practice this week but they wanted to “control his volume” as a limited participant after sustaining his injury in last week’s game. (Jordan Raanan)
- Giants WR Dante Pettis mentioned that he lost eight pounds when quarantining for 10 days after testing positive for COVID-19. Zack Rosenblatt adds that Pettis had to get back into shape, which may be a reason why the Giants took so long to play him.
- OUT for Week 17: RB Elijhaa Penny (illness)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 17: WR Golden Tate (calf)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: LB Cam Brown (illness)
“He came out of yesterday feeling pretty good. Again, he had a good day today, he took the reps that were assigned for him today in a limited fashion, and we’ll see how he is tomorrow,” said Rivera, via Nicki Jhabvala.
- OUT for Week 17: LB Thomas Davis (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: RB Antonio Gibson (toe), WR Terry McLaurin (ankle), LB Kevin Pierre-Louis (ankle), QB Alex Smith (calf)