Cowboys QB Dak Prescott feels that the team’s high attendance at OTAs will be beneficial toward their 2021 season.
“Yeah, I mean, I think it’s going to be huge. It’s going to pay off,” Prescott said, via ProFootballTalk. “Obviously the mental aspect, knowing the scheme whether it’s the defense learning a new scheme or whether it’s offense being on the same page and communicating better, I think it’s going to pay off huge when we get to training camp to have maybe that step that these other teams may not take during the offseason for us to get that and then to build off of that in training camp and just continue to grow as we get into the season.”
Cowboys TE Dalton Schultz also believes the high turnout to OTAs will help a “very young team” develop.
“The conversations have been ongoing,” Schultz said. “Even still we’ve got a lot of teams that are not participating. I think as a team, we came together, and we realize we need this kind of work in the offseason. We support everything the NFLPA is doing and we support our guys who aren’t showing up. and it’s very personal decision for a lot of people. But I think we’re a very young team and we can benefit very highly from this work that we’re doing now.”
- Eagles G Brandon Brooks admits that he was involved in trade discussions this offseason but the organization did not give him prior notice: “This is a business, man. The second you lose sight of it, the second it gets to you. …I get it. It didn’t hurt my feelings.” (Zach Berman)
- Brooks believes he can still play at a high level after recovering from a torn Achilles: “Even after the injury, I got better. …I think I can maintain this level, if not better.” (Zach Berman)
- According to Pat Leonard of the NY Daily News, the Giants gave UDFA OL Jake Burton a $25,000 base salary, $40,000 guaranteed and a $15,000 signing bonus.
- The Athletic’s Dan Duggan reports UDFA OT Brett Heggie got $50,000 guaranteed, a $45,000 base salary and a $5,000 signing bonus. Duggan also said UDFA DL Raymond Johnson III got $130,000 guaranteed, a $100,000 base salary, and a $30,000 signing bonus.
- Giants recently signed RB Corey Clement and TE Kelvin Benjamin were both given one-year, $990,000 minimum deals without guaranteed money. (Duggan)
- The Giants named Mark Koncz and Tim McDonnell as co-directors of player personnel. (Pat Leonard)