- Cowboys’ RB Ezekiel Elliott said he weighs about 218 pounds right now, which is the lightest he has been since his freshman year at Ohio State. He stressed losing weight going deeper into his career is important, saying: “I feel quicker.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Cowboys TE Blake Jarwin spoke about practicing for the first time since tearing his ACL in Week 1: “Great first step for me. …I’ve got so much to clean up, just from being out for so long. But it feels awesome to be back with the guys. I’m excited about it. I’m ready for it.” (Gehlken)
- Cowboys rookie LB Micah Parsons is trying to bond with veterans like DE DeMarcus Lawrence and WR Amari Cooper:“I’m trying to find different ways to get close with the guys. Understand how they’re built so they can understand how I’m built.” (Jori Epstein)
- Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy confirmed that their coaching staff is fully vaccinated: “Our (coaching) staff is 100 percent vaccinated.” (Michael Gehlken)
- As for Cowboys QB Dak Prescott returning from last year’s ankle injury, McCarthy believes it is important for the quarterback to get reps this offseason: “I think it’s important, but I always think it’s important… I anticipate Dak playing in the preseason.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Prescott reiterated that he’s mentally moved past his injury and there was no point in practice where it became an issue: “I’ve definitely buried it. …There wasn’t much. It’s the last thing I’m thinking about… There was no part of practice yesterday when I thought of my ankle.” (Michael Gehlken)
- McCarthy had high praise of Cowboys’ backup QB Ben DiNucci: “I think Ben DiNucci has had an excellent offseason.” (Michael Gehlken)
- McCarthy added that DiNucci is “clearly advanced” in the classroom and wants him to continue building confidence.
- NJ.com’s Mike Kaye expects the Eagles to use third-round DL Milton Williams all over the defensive line, from three-technique to five-technique to pure edge rusher at times. He notes Philadelphia hopes he and DT Javon Hargrave are the future of their interior defensive line.
- Kaye adds there’s a pretty competitive battle for the fourth and potentially fifth defensive tackle roster spots between Hassan Ridgeway, sixth-round rookie Marlon Tuipolotu, T.Y. McGill, and Willie Henry.
- Eagles CB Avonte Maddox is expected to move back to slot corner in 2021 and could earn a contract extension with a solid season. (Kaye)
- Trade acquisition CB Josiah Scott is a slot-only player, per Kaye, and is competing to back up Maddox and perhaps push him for snaps.
- As things stand now, fourth-round rookie Zech McPhearson, Craig James, and Michael Jacquet are competing for the No. 2 outside role, but Kaye has a hard time seeing the Eagles going into the season with just that trio.
- Derrick Gunn reports that the Eagles have no intentions of trading veteran DT Fletcher Cox.
- According to SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano, Giants sources have told him RB Saquon Barkley‘s rehab from his torn ACL is on track for what a normal rehab is supposed to be. The tricky part about that is a “normal” ACL rehab can vary wildly from person to person, but Vacchiano thinks Barkley will ultimately be ready to play Week 1.
- Vacchiano wouldn’t be shocked if Giants RT Matt Peart ends up platooning with veteran OT Nate Solder to start the season.
- Vacchiano expects the Giants to use three safeties in their base defense, with Xavier McKinney and Jabrill Peppers in safety roles and Logan Ryan as a hybrid safety/nickel corner.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!