Cowboys DE Tyrone Crawford said he is playing through a lingering ankle injury but doesn’t expect to be limited going forward.
“That issue’s gonna be there. But I’m not going to be limited anymore. I’m going to go do that and figure that out on my own. I’m obviously going to be a much more needed piece with the injury to Trysten (Hill),” said Crawford, via Calvin Watkins.
Crawford feels he hasn’t played up to his standard this season.
“I don’t think I’ve played to the level that I want to play. No excuses by me. I’ve got to get better. I feel like I’m rushing OK, got to finish some opportunities there but playing the run,” said Crawford, via Watkins.
- NJ.com’s Mike Kaye writes an Eagles trade for Dolphins RB Jordan Howard could make a lot of sense. Howard was with the Eagles last year and is familiar with the offense. He could provide a bruising element and carry the load if starting RB Miles Sanders misses time.
- Howard has fallen out of the rotation in Miami despite signing a two-year deal as a free agent this offseason, so Kaye says a conditional pick would likely be all that’s necessary to bring Howard back.
- Eagles DL Malik Jackson and fourth-round OT Jack Driscoll are looking at potential two-week absences after leaving Sunday’s game. (Chris Mortensen)
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson is optimistic he’ll have WRs Alshon Jeffery and DeSean Jackson and RT Lane Johnson available Thursday. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- ESPN’s Jordan Raanan reports Giants first-round LT Andrew Thomas was benched for the start of this weekend’s win against Washington because he was late to a team meeting on Saturday.
- Third-round OT Matt Peart got the start instead of Thomas, rotated with him throughout the game and played well.
- The Athletic’s Dan Duggan notes HC Joe Judge didn’t give a straight answer when asked who would start Thursday.
- NJ.com’s Zack Rosenblatt says Giants fourth-round CB Darnay Holmes is getting an MRI on an injury he suffered in his shoulder/neck area. It’s not believed to be that serious but it still puts his status for Thursday against the Eagles in doubt.
- Giants WR C.J. Board was released from the hospital with just a concussion after needing to be carted off the field Sunday. (Art Stapleton)
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer notes Washington’s decision to bench QB Dwayne Haskins puts the team in contention to sign Patriots QB Cam Newton this offseason given how many connections there are on the coaching staff.
- Breer adds New England will likely have to tag Newton to keep him if they can’t agree on a long-term deal.
- Washington fourth-round OL Saahdiq Charles dislocated his kneecap and the team is hopeful he can return after the bye next week. (Tom Pelissero)