Cowboys’ executive VP Stephen Jones continues to stand behind injured QB Dak Prescott as the future in Dallas.
“Dak’s our quarterback. We’re so fired up about him and him leading us into the future,” Jones said, via Jon Machota of The Athletic. “This is a four-month injury, barring setbacks and so far if anything, everything that we’re getting from [associate trainer and director of rehabilitation] Britt [Brown] and the doctors is that he’s ahead of schedule. So yes, he’s been able to avoid any setbacks, and if anything, he’s ahead of schedule, which shouldn’t be surprising the way he goes after any challenge. It’s full speed ahead with Dak, and he’s done a great job at this point.”
- Cowboys’ OC Kellen Moore said that QB Garrett Gilbert did well taking over against the Steelers: “He took advantage of an opportunity, and I think everyone took notice of that. I was really excited for him.” Moore added that QB Andy Dalton will be the starter once again after he is medically cleared. (Michael Gehlken)
- Moore did not find out that the team would be without C Tyler Biadasz until the coinflip: “I thought Joe (Looney) handled it really well. It proves that he was prepared. He really got very limited reps.” (Gehlken)
- Cowboys DC Mike Nolan said of rookie DT Neville Gallimore: “That was the best that he’s played to date. He’s improved each week. He continues to work extremely hard in practice. I think it’s just the hard work that Neville is putting into it is paying off for him.” (Gehlken)
- The Eagles announced they protected G Jamon Brown, TE Jason Croom, CB Michael Jacquet and DT T.Y. McGill on the practice squad this week.
- Giants’ HC Joe Judge said of WR Golden Tate that he “anticipates him being active” this week against the Eagles and would not comment on Tate not traveling with the team last week. (Jordan Raanan)
- Judge hinted that LB Oshane Ximines, LB Tae Crowder, or S Xavier McKinney could also return against the Eagles, but added that G Will Hernandez is still taking the appropriate steps to be removed from the COVID-19 list. (Dan Duggan)
- The Giants would need to sign RB Alfred Morris to the active roster in order for him to play, as he has already been called up twice. Judge says that the team will wait to see how things shake out before making a firm decision on Morris. (Pat Leonard)
- Giants OL coach Marc Colombo says the team is rotating rookie OTs Andrew Thomas and Matt Peart at left tackle because they want to get Peart on the field. (Zack Rosenblatt)