- The Athletic’s Jon Machota thinks the Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott will end up agreeing to a long-term deal before the July 15 deadline.
- Machota also thinks the Cowboys could add a pass rusher, pointing out that DEs Jadeveon Clowney and Everson Griffen are still available.
94 WIP’s Eliot Shorr-Parks outlines what he would be willing to offer as the Eagles for prominent players who have been linked to Philadelphia, like Jaguars DE Yannick Ngakoue, free-agent DE Jadeveon Clowney and Jets S Jamal Adams.
- For Ngakoue, Shorr-Parks would offer Jacksonville a first and third-round pick. Though Ngakoue likely would also command a massive extension, Shorr-Parks thinks the opportunity to add an elite pass rusher is worth the cost.
- Shorr-Parks’ best offer to Clowney would be a one-year, $8 million deal. While Clowney has been seeking much more in free agency, even if he has come off his $20 million per year asking price, Shorr-Parks has concerns about health and consistency, which the offer reflects.
- For Adams, Shorr-Parks would offer just a third-round pick, which would be unlikely to induce the Jets to part with the safety unless the situation curdles even more. New York has asked for a first-round pick, but Shorr-Parks views that as too rich given safety is a bit of a luxury for Philadelphia with potentially bigger needs elsewhere.
- NBC Sports’ Peter Hailey picks Redskins DT Daron Payne as his breakout candidate in 2020, noting HC Ron Rivera appears to be high on his potential.
- His colleague JP Finlay highlights 2019 fifth-round LB Cole Holcomb, who notched 105 tackles as a rookie and is poised to lock up a starting job going into his second year.
- The Athletic’s Rhiannon Walker says the Redskins are working to better support 2019 first-round QB Dwayne Haskins, both with the talent around the field and in the messaging from the organization.
- For his part, Haskins is working on becoming a better leader and grasping the playbook more thoroughly as he enters his second season.
- Walker highlights running back as the second-strongest position on the team behind the defensive line if everyone can stay healthy.