The Cowboys say they plan to use RB Tony Pollard as more than just a gadget player.
“I know people think he’s going to be this gadget guy,” Cowboys RB coach Gary Brown said via Pro Football Talk. “He’s more than that. He’s bigger than what you think he is and he runs powerful for a guy you think is a gadget guy. I think he can do all our runs and more.”
Eagles fifth-round QB Clayton Thorson reportedly looked good at rookie minicamp, showing an early ability to lead.
“I think any time you can make your teammates better that’s what you’ve got to try to do,” Thorson said, via Pro Football Talk. “And that’s what I’m going to do. Any time I can make my teammates better I’m going to say something to them.”
- According to the Philly Voice’s Jimmy Kempski, the Eagles would likely pick up a fourth-round compensatory pick if they cut S Andrew Sendejo before the tenth game of the season.
- Kempski foresees the Eagles letting WR Nelson Agholor leave in free agency next season because of his $9 million price tag.
- According to the Athletic’s Larry Holder, the Saints have several contracts coming up that could continue to make their salary cap look interesting, including expiring contracts for both QBs Drew Brees and Teddy Bridgewater in 2019.
- Holder writes that when the time comes for WR Michael Thomas‘ extension, he’ll likely get a deal close to $20 million per season.
- Holder mentions the Saints could also be priced out of re-signing G Andrus Peat if he plays well this season.
- Holder says the Saints will also have a challenge with DE Cameron Jordan on his next contract, as he’s outperformed his current deal but also turns 30 this year.
- Holder adds RB Alvin Kamara, who’s up for an extension following 2019, is one of the few running backs who would command a deal over $10 million per season.
- Former Giants P Austin Rehkow attended Saints rookie minicamp. (Aaron Wilson)