- Should the Vikings fire HC Mike Zimmer, Albert Breer believes he could land with the Cowboys if Dan Quinn takes a head-coaching job.
- Cowboys QB Dak Prescott on the offense showing more chemistry as they head into the playoffs: “I feel like I’m seeing (the field) fine. I don’t know if y’all differ. It doesn’t really matter to me. We’re continuing to get better and work, and that’s the simple fact of it.” (Jon Machota)
- Cowboys S Donovan Wilson (illness) is not traveling with the team but could still join the team later on and is questionable to play against the Eagles at this point. (Michael Gehlken)
- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that the Giants have at least had internal discussions about a coaching change this offseason.
- Sources tell La Canfora that minority owner Steve Tisch has long been in support of a thorough review of the entire organization, including the head coach and is open to changes beyond just general manager.
- According to La Canfora, other ownership groups are not convinced that Giants owner John Mara will not consider moving on from HC Joe Judge, considering the backlash the team has faced in recent weeks. However, Mara has been steadfast in his support of Judge.
- Ralph Vacchiano tells Giants fans not to be shocked if another team in the NFL wants to pay TE Evan Engram around $8 million per season in free agency this offseason.
- Vacchiano thinks that S Jabrill Peppers‘ best scenario for this offseason is to re-sign with the Giants in order to prove he can remain healthy in the future.
- When it comes to T Nate Solder, Vacchiano says he is out the door with $41 million of a $62 million deal he signed with the Giants.
- Speedy receiver John Ross has 11 catches in 12 games this season and Vacchiano sees no reason why the team would throw any more money his way. The same goes for another former first-round pick in DT Danny Shelton.
- Giants rookie WR Kadarius Toney will not play in the season finale this week due to a shoulder injury. (Pat Leonard)
- Zack Rosenblatt reports that many believe Toney could make a big impact in the NFL if he can remain healthy, with one source telling Rosenblatt: “Extremely dynamic. I’d love to see him stay healthy. That’s potentially a big piece for them. There’s a part of me that wonders if he’s just scratching the surface of his potential.”
- Washington T Charles Leno wanted to stay with the team and likes his new contract: “I’ve got faith in the direction we’re going. Faith is believing without seeing. It may look like this year was not the best year, but I definitely have faith in the direction.” (John Keim)
- Leno mentioned what he liked about the idea of re-signing with the team before free agency this offseason: “It starts with the head coach and the things he preaches…Also, the roster we have is a very good roster. Not only with talent, but the fight our team shows. Those are characteristics you want in a team. I definitely believe in that. We always kept pushing.” (Keim)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!