Earlier in the week, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told reporters that HC Jason Garrett‘s job is not in danger as far as he’s concerned.
“It’s fair for you to ask,” Jones said at the Senior Bowl, “but he’s not on my hot seat.”
However, Todd Archer of ESPN writes that even with the support from Jones, it’s likely that Garrett will be on the hot seat for the 2018 season.
Giants new HC Pat Shurmur admitted that not hiring an offensive coordinator during his first year as Browns head coach was a “total mistake.”
“In my first year as head coach, even though I intended to call plays, I didn’t hire an offensive coordinator. Mistake. Total mistake,” Shurmur said. “You need the full chain of command among your coaches.”
With this in mind, Dan Duggan of NJ.com takes a look at some potential offensive coordinators worth watching for the Giants.
Duggan’s list includes:
- Vikings QBs coach Kevin Stefanski
- Eagles RBs coach Duce Staley
- Lions QBs coach Brian Callahan (hired by Raiders)
- Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo
Jordan Raanan hears that Stefanski is a name to watch for the Giants’ offensive coordinator, depending on what Minnesota elects to do in terms of replacing Shurmur as offensive coordinator.
- Joe Person reports that the Panthers have hired Air Force DC Steve Russ as their new linebackers coach.
- Ross replaces Al Holcomb, who departed to become the Cardinals’ new defensive coordinator under Steve Wilks.