According to Archer, the names to watch include:
- Bill Cowher
- Saints HC Sean Payton
- Patriots OC Josh McDaniels
- Saints assistant HC/TEs coach Dan Campbell
- Cowboys passing game coordinator Kris Richard
- Eagles DC Jim Schwartz
- Former Raiders HC Jack Del Rio
- Titans OC Matt LaFleur
- According to Dave Birkett, the Lions and TE Darren Fells are not close on a contract extension.
- Birkett says that the Lions are expected to keep TE Eric Ebron, who’s fifth-year option salary of $8.25 million salary becomes guaranteed on the first day of the new league year.
- Last week, Jason La Canfora mentioned that Ebron is likely to be the subject of trade rumors this offseason.
- Birkett also takes a look at some early draft fits for the Lions including Boston College DE/OLB Harold Landry, UTSA DE Marcus Davenport, OSU DE Sam Hubbard, Michigan DT Maurice Hurst, Alabama DT Da’Ron Payne, LSU RB Derrius Guice and FSU S Derwin James.
- Jason La Canfora, reported last week that there are “rumblings” about Josh Norman‘s future in Washington: “I hear that Norman hates the front office and would want to leave anyway. Something could happen there,” a personnel director tells La Canfora.
- JP Finlay mentions that there was “definitely some frustration” from Norman late in the 2017 season, as he wants to compete in the playoffs.
- Given Norman’s contract structure and stature on the team, Finlay expects him to be back with the Redskins for the 2018 season.