Cowboys veteran LB Sean Lee says he plans to take some time to mull his future in the NFL.
“We’ll see,” Lee said via Fox 4 Sports. “I’m going to take some time to think about it. Obviously, health is a major issue. Trying to stay healthy is something I need to do if I want to keep playing, but I do love playing the game.
“I love this organization. So we’ll figure it out.”
- Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said on Monday that they won’t be a major player in free agency: “Our hands are going to be full paying our guys. … We’ve got some really, really good football players on our team that need to be paid.” (Jon Machota)
- Jones added:”It doesn’t mean that we won’t play free agency at all, we just won’t be paying a high profile free agent, more than likely. Never rule anything out all the way, but I wouldn’t necessarily say that’s going to be our strategy going into the offseason.” (Jon Machota)
- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said there have been no talks between the team and his representatives about a potential contract extension. (Todd Archer)
- According to Garrett, re-signing DE Demarcus Lawrence is a “big priority” for them this offseason. (Calvin Watkins)
- Cowboys C Travis Frederick underwent labrum surgery last week. (Calvin Watkins)
Redskins HC Jay Gruden says they need to try to re-sign WR Jamison Crowder this offseason.
“He’s got great quickness in intermediate routes, can separate, has good hands, he’s tough, he’s physical in the running game,” Gruden said, via ESPN.com. “There is really not anything that Jamison can’t do. You look at his size and say he’s little, but he plays big, so we have to try and get him back for sure.”
- Adam Schefter reports that Saints left guard Andrus Peat broke his hand in the team’s final regular-season game and underwent surgery during the bye week. Peat managed to play through the injury against the Eagles, but was in “serious pain.”