Upcoming free agent CB Ronald Darby says there’s mutual interest between him and the Eagles in a return, but it remains to be seen if a deal can be reached.
“Eagles really want me to stay where I’m at so me and my agent we’re just planning everything out,” Darby said via NJ Advance Media’s Zack Rosenblatt. “I love it here. It’s one of the best sports cities in the whole United States. I won a Super Bowl here, which has never been done … there’s a lot of talent on this team. It would be blessing to be able to stay here but at the end of the day you gotta do what’s right … I’m pretty much open. Of course you would love to stay, nobody likes to keep moving from city to city but you gotta have an open mindset.”
- ESPN’s Tim McManus says a major free agent target will only be in play for the Eagles if the market is lower than expected like with WR Alshon Jeffery in 2017.
- The Eagles will also aggressively pursue a running back in free agency, and have been linked to Tevin Coleman. (McManus)
- A lower-tier veteran quarterback to compete with QB Nate Sudfeld for the backup spot is also on the shopping list. (McManus)
- A deep-threat wide receiver rounds out the agenda for Philadelphia before the draft. (McManus)
- Jimmy Kempski believes if either Clemson DT Christian Wilkins or DE Clelin Ferrell slipped in the draft, the Eagles could try to trade up.
- Oklahoma WR Marquise Brown is be another player Kempski thinks the Eagles would trade up for.
- Kempski believes the Eagles will likely trade or extend WR Nelson Agholor.
- Other potential free agent targets for the Eagles could be former Lions S Glover Quin and Chargers DT Darius Philon.
- According to ESPN’s Field Yates, the Antonio Brown trade has raised the price tag on the extension for WR Julio Jones the Falcons have been discussing.