- According to Mike Garafolo, Eagles WR DeSean Jackson sustained a non-displaced ankle fracture in Thursday’s game and will be out for 6-8 weeks, which is a similar injury to TE Dallas Goedert.
- Garafolo adds that Jackson intends on continuing his NFL career next season whether it’s with the Eagles or another organization.
Falcons’ CEO Rich McKay says that if interim Falcons’ HC Raheem Morris does well, it is his first step to possibly securing the job beyond this season.
“He has 11 weeks,” McKay said, via Pro Football Talk. “It’s not usual, it’s not something you want to do, to have an interim that has to have 11 weeks. Typically, an interim is going to have two or three weeks. But in this case, it’s a good thing for Raheem. It gives him a real chance to put his stamp on the football team and how we’re going to play. Let’s let that play out. We will support him in every way we can. We want to win as many games as we can. And clearly, he will be a candidate. He’s earned that right. He was going to be on everybody’s list this year anyhow. So should he be on our list? Yes. He’s got 11 games to see what we can do.”
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe is unsure if Falcons WR Julio Jones will end up being traded, but views S Keanu Neal and TE Hayden Hurst as more realistic candidates.
- Falcons promoted LB Edmond Robinson and DE Austin Edwards to their active roster.
- The Panthers are bringing in three free-agent kickers for tryouts this week including Casey Bednarski, Taylor Bertolet, and Austin Parker. (Aaron Wilson)
- Panthers promoted WR Marken Michel and OL Mike Horton to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Panthers signed K Taylor Bertolet to their practice squad.