- Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline writes Eagles HC Doug Pederson very well could be on the chopping block depending on how the final month of the season goes.
- Pauline believes Eagles GM Howie Roseman is unlikely to be going anywhere, however. Roseman has the trust of owner Jeffrey Lurie and a lot of success in the past. Plus Pauline points out the Eagles already tried demoting him once and it turned into a disaster.
- ESPN’s Chris Mortensen says Pederson didn’t specify this but the Eagles players believe second-round QB Jalen Hurts will start over QB Carson Wentz for the rest of the season.
- Mortensen adds Lurie is not second-guessing Pederson’s decision and his approach is to support the coach and not intervene on in-season decisions.
- The good news for Pederson is that they were able to pull out a win over the Saints on Sunday.
Giants’ rookie T Andrew Thomas was struggling mightily at the beginning of the season but seems to have taken control of his play with experience.
“In the beginning, that was something I really struggled with,” Thomas said, via Ryan Dunleavy of the New York Post. “I would over-set a lot of times and put myself in a bad position. That’s something I’ve been working on over the last few weeks. I think that’s made the biggest difference. You have to trail your defender, trust your athleticism to push a guy around the pocket so you don’t give up the inside. We run a little bit different protection here and the way we spot and set was going to be different. I had to break that habit. Obviously, going against more talented rushers has an effect on that, too. They read your hips. You have to keep a level head. Coach talks about ignoring the noise and continuing to work like it’s your first day. I knew coming to play for the New York Giants, it’s a huge media market, there’s social media, all those things. I wasn’t unaware. Actually being in it, it’s definitely a different experience.”
- Giants HC Joe Judge said of the decision to play QB Daniel Jones on Sunday: “No, I have no regrets about playing him. We made a calculation based on what we thought he could do as a player.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Washington worked out TE Tyrone Swoopes this week. (Aaron Wilson)