- The Falcons announced they will play one of their home games in the International Series in 2020. The opponent, date and location have yet to be announced. (Twitter)
Lions QB Matthew Stafford had a streak of 136 straight starts entering this weekend before a back injury, reportedly broken bones in his back, shut him down. Stafford has played through a variety of ailments before and earned a reputation as one of the toughest passers in the NFL, but ultimately this latest injury just proved too much.
“Ultimately, I think, made the right decision,” Stafford said, via ESPN’s Michael Rothstein. “Giving my pads to somebody else and go play.”
However, Stafford says he’s not thinking about shutting himself down for the rest of the season.
“That’s not my thinking at the moment,” Stafford said. “My thinking is to try and be out there as soon as I possibly can to help us win. . . .”
- Lions HC Matt Patricia said DT Mike Daniels “got stepped on pretty bad” but the hope is he’ll be okay. (Kyle Meinke)
- The Athletic’s Katherine Terrell said it’s likely the Saints made calls to every team except for their division rivals to try and find help at pass catcher.
- Terrell adds Saints G Andrus Peat appears to have broken something in his arm.
- Terrell mentions WR Dez Bryant is probably not an option for the Saints since it’s been so long since he played.