- Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff said he heard three or four teams inside the top 20 picks were interested in Chris Lindstrom. (Kelsey Conway)
- Dan Quinn said even though they signed Jamon Brown and James Carpenter in free agency, they never thought they were done with adding to their offensive line. Quinn mentioned that they plan to have competition as the main theme of his program and he wanted to continue to add to the offensive line group. (Kelsey Conway)
Packers GM Brian Gutekunst said that he’s “very comfortable” with first-round pick Rashan Gary‘s shoulder, despite reports he may need surgery.
“Felt very comfortable long term that that issue was going to be resolved,” Gutekunst said, per Michael Cohen. “We don’t anticipate anything (surgical) initially.”
- Regarding the decision to trade up for S Darnell Savage, Gutekunst explained: “We thought he was an absolute difference maker. We didn’t feel like it was a really deep group there. … We didn’t think we could sit at 30 and have him fall to us.” (Ryan Wood)
- Jason La Canfora expects the Packers to re-sign DL Muhammad Wilkerson once he’s fully recovered from his ankle injury.
- Rob Demovsky expects the Packers to consider tackle, tight end or receiver with their first pick of today’s second round (No. 44 overall).
“We had budgeted to keep Frank and hoped to do a long-term deal with him. The deal in Dallas didn’t help things. Kansas City was very aggressive and it got to the point where we had to help the team and do what’s right for the organization,” Schneider said, per Curtis Crabtree.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said of first-round DE L.J. Collier: “He’s going to play five-technique for us. He’s very flexible, he can move around. He’s a lot Michael Bennett. He has the versatility and the style. … Really long, really good length. He’s got a really good pass rush bag of tricks.” (Curtis Crabtree)