- The Athletic’s Tori McElhaney believes the Falcons are playing for HC Dan Quinn‘s job on Sunday against the Panthers.
- Per ESPN’s Vaughn McClure, Quinn said WR Julio Jones is “making progress” but the team will have a better gauge of his availability on Friday.
- Quinn was encouraged by K Younghoe Koo‘s practice Wednesday but Atlanta will keep K Elliott Fry on the practice squad in case of emergency. (McClure)
- The Falcons are bringing in LB John Houston for a workout this week. (Albert Breer)
- Per ESPN’s David Newton, Panthers OC Joe Brady said that despite going 2-0 with Mike Davis at running back instead of Christian McCaffrey, he’ll be glad to get the latter back in 2-4 weeks: “Having one of the best players in football back, that’s a good thing.”
- Panthers HC Matt Rhule announced Thursday that CB Eli Apple pulled his other hamstring against the Cardinals. (Joe Person)
- Rhule was asked if he has any frustrations with Apple’s latest injury: “I don’t get frustrated with players. I get frustrated with lack of effort. But if you have injuries, I feel bad for players. … Eli’s a talented player. We’re gonna try to get him healthy and whenever they say he can go, he’ll go.” (Person)
- The Athletic’s Jeff Duncan reports the Saints have decided to stay in New Orleans following the latest projection change to Hurricane Delta’s path.
- The team had considered moving its Week 5 Monday night game against the Chargers to Indianapolis if it needed to evacuate from New Orleans.
- Saints signed WR Tommylee Lewis to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Saints waived C Will Clapp.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!