Lions WR Kenny Golladay confirmed that he is still hasn’t fully recovered from his lingering hip injury.
“Still trying to work my back. Still not ready yet,” said Golladay, via Chris Burke.
Golladay, who is an impending free agent, said he’d like to sign a long-term extension with the Lions this offseason.
“I want to be here. Like the city. Like what’s going on. Yep,” said Golladay, via Burke.
Golladay reiterated that he’s a “loyal person” and would be open to an extension.
“I’m a loyal person. Of course I want to be here,” said Golladay, via Tim Twentyman.
As for the possibility of the Lions using the franchise tag on him, Golladay mentioned that he would “rather get a deal done” over the one-year tag.
“Being honest, I’d rather get a deal done. But if the franchise tag would come, I wouldn’t be able to do anything about it. For sure, I want to get a long-term deal done,” said Golladay, via Burke.
- Golladay indicated that he has been dealing with a muscle strain/hip flexor injury, which is lingering after aggravating the issue. (Tim Twentyman)
- Bevell said Lions WR Kenny Golladay is not making a “business decision” by not practicing due to his hip injury: “I can be clear, he’s not.” (Dave Birkett)
Lions’ interim HC Darrell Bevell said QB Matthew Stafford (ribs) did not practice on Friday but is “feeling better” from his injury.
“He’s feeling better, but we’re gonna see where that goes,” Bevell said, via Chris Burke.
Bevell compared Stafford to former Packers QB Brett Favre given that he does not need to practice throughout the week in order to play.
“Guys like that, you give it to them and they go. I feel like he’s in that same category (as Favre). He could walk in Sunday and say, ‘I don’t care what anyone is saying, I’m going.’ So I’m going to let him going,” said Bevell, via Justin Rogers.
- OUT for Week 15: T Tyrell Crosby (ankle), WR Kenny Golladay (hip), DE Da’Shawn Hand (ankle), CB Darryl Roberts (hip)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: DT John Penisini (shoulder), C Frank Ragnow (throat), QB Matthew Stafford (rib, right thumb)
- Packers tried out LB Asmar Bilal, DB Jarquarius Landrews and P Ryan Winslow. (Aaron Wilson)
- Packers hosted K J.J. Molson for a visit.
- OUT for Week 15: G Simon Stepaniak (knee), TE Jace Sternberger (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: WR Malik Taylor (hamstring)
“People have a common misconception that I don’t love my old team,” Diggs said, via Sam Borden of ESPN.com. “I have nothing but love and respect for those guys. But where they were and where they were headed…in my eyes, it wasn’t going to be in the best interest of my career. As a receiver, if you want to have success, you’ve got to catch the ball. I’m not gonna say [they were] peeing on me and telling me that it’s raining. That’s a little bit harsh. But something like that. Once you don’t have trust with a person, it’s hard to do business.”
- Vikings LB Eric Kendricks (calf) and TE Kyle Rudolph (foot) are not expected to play in Week 15 after missing Friday’s practice. (Chris Tomasson)
- OUT for Week 15: LB Eric Kendricks (calf), TE Kyle Rudolph (foot)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: RB Alexander Mattison (illness)