- The Athletic’s Chris Burke writes the Lions don’t have a lot of players they could trade to add draft picks. Outside of QB Matthew Stafford, Detroit could try and executive a sign-and-trade with WR Kenny Golladay, but that leaves the team shorthanded at receiver.
- Other players the Lions could move who would draw at least minimal interest from other teams include OL Joe Dahl, OT Tyrell Crosby, LB Jamie Collins and DT Danny Shelton.
- Rams director of college scouting Brad Holmes is drawing “serious” consideration for the Lions general manager vacancy. (Vincent Bonsignore)
- Lions C Frank Ragnow (throat) returned to practice but the team is still restricting how much he talks, per interim HC Darrell Bevell: “He’s good with that.” (Michael Rothstein)
- Lions DL coach Bo Davis is still in the COVID-19 protocols. (Dave Birkett)
- While Stafford isn’t practicing this week, Lions QB Chase Daniel is taking first-team reps. (Justin Rogers)
- Bevell alluded that former S Jayron Kearse violated team rules which played a role in his release. (Justin Rogers)
- Lions WR Marvin Jones was noncommittal about his future in Detroit. The veteran is scheduled to be a free agent after this season: “We’ll see. I am a free agent … and the free-agent process is something I’m very excited about. We’ll see in March.” (Burke)
- Per Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press, Vikings HC Mike Zimmer clarified he didn’t fire DC George Edwards this offseason: “I did not fire the coordinator. His contract was up.”
- The Athletic’s Arif Hasan writes it’s possible the Vikings could draft a quarterback to sit and learn behind QB Kirk Cousins with the goal of taking over eventually. But he adds it probably won’t be a high priority unless a player they really like slips.
- Vikings placed LT Riley Reiff on the COVID-19 list. (NFLTR)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!