- Albert Breer of SI believes that many will get a fair shake to interview for the Lions’ head coaching position, but mentions that former NFL LB Chris Spielman will most likely have a heavy impact on the decision due to his position as special assistant to Lions ownership.
- Breer notes that a potential pairing in Detroit could be 49ers’ DC Robert Saleh and Colts’ assistant GM Ed Dodds.
- According to Tom Pelissero, Lions’ veteran QB Matthew Stafford (rib, thumb, ankle) is expected to start Week 17’s game barring any setbacks overnight.
- Lions activated DT Danny Shelton from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Lions promoted S Bobby Price, DT Albert Huggins and C Evan Brown to their active roster.
- Lions waived DL Frank Herron.
- Lions activated practice squad LB Anthony Pittman from the COVID-19 list.
Packers HC Matt LaFleur called his offensive line the “best” he’s been around throughout his entire football career.
“This is the best offensive line group I’ve ever been around, and I’m not even talking about the players. I’m talking about the mindset, the way guys prepare, and I would say it’s the best O line I’ve ever been around as well,” said LaFleur, via Ryan Wood.
- The Green Bay Packers brought in DB DeMarkus Acy and TE Nate Wieting for tryouts on Thursday, according to Albert Breer.
- Packers placed T David Bakhtiari on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Packers promoted G Ben Braden and DL Brian Price to their active roster.
- Packers signed DL Anthony Rush to their practice squad.
- Vikings’ HC Mike Zimmer confirmed that LT Riley Reiff would not be able to play Sunday at Detroit: “I texted him when he got sick, and he said, ‘Just go win the game.”’ (Chris Tomasson)
- Tomasson points out that Vikings’ veteran K Dan Bailey (back) should be ready for Week 17 given Minnesota did not promote K Taylor Bertolet from the practice squad.
- Vikings promoted CB Tae Hayes, CB Cordrea Tankersley and DE Eddie Yarbrough to their active roster. (NFLTR)