“I think if we can (sign him) sooner than later we’d like to, but look, we’re not — it’s not like we’re going to set a deadline on it if you will,” Campbell said, via Dave Birkett of Detroit Free Press. “We do, we have interest in the guy. But that’s kind of where it is right now.”
“Todd is a young man that at one time he was considered one of the best in the game,” Lynn said. “He has a wealth of experience that he can pass along to our young backs and hopefully he’s got some juice left, so if he’s a Lion we’ll figure out a way to use him. But I’ve heard nothing but great things about his intangibles. So that’s — what Dan’s trying to get done here culture-wise, I think he would be a good fit if we could get him.”
- Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett said he wants QB Jordan Love to show “confidence in the system” and believes he’s showing proper decision making, timing, and accuracy of passes: “One of the bigger things with Jordan right now is just his confidence in the system. … It’s just about being able to make the proper decisions and timing and accuracy and all of those things have been better.” (Rob Demovsky)
- Hackett added that he’s “excited about the progress” of third-round WR Amari Rodgers and is showing a natural ability in learning their system: “I think he’s going to do some cool things for us. … He’s not intimidated by what we’re handing to him. He’s got a natural feel for the game. I’m excited about the progress he’s making.” (Wes Hodkiewicz)
- Although Packers QBs coach Luke Getsy said Love is “light years” ahead of his rookie season, he was non-committal when asked if he’s game-ready: “Nobody really knows.” (Matt Schniedman)
- Getsy said he’s had “communication” with Aaron Rodgers this offseason but is keeping “personal conversations” to himself. (Ryan Wood)
- According to NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, Vikings first-round OT Christian Darrisaw‘s absence from OTAs was precautionary due to his recovery from offseason core muscle surgery.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer didn’t want to address DE Danielle Hunter not showing up for OTAs: “We’ll just see when the minicamp shows up.” (Pro Football Talk)