- Kyle Meinke of MLive writes that there is “genuine hope” that the Lions’ rushing attack will be highly effective in 2020 with Kerryon Johnson, Bo Scarbrough, and second-round D’Andre Swift.
- Even so, Meinke doesn’t think the Lions will have to lean on their running backs to win games, considering they had a top-three offensive attack when Matthew Stafford was healthy last season.
- Meinke believes the Lions’ passing attack is still the “strength of this team,” and the running game just needs to be “competent” in order for them to win games.
As for the Lions’ defensive tackle issues from last year, Meinke writes that it’s “fair to be skeptical” about the improvements made with DTs Danny Shelton and Nick Williams as their top two players on the depth chart.
- At the Lions’ offensive guard spots, Meinke expects one of third-round Jonah Jackson and fourth-round Logan Sternberg to secure a starting job.
- If neither Jackson or Sternberg are ready to start, Meinke writes that the Lions “won’t hesitate” to play veteran G Kenny Wiggins, who effectively filled in for Graham Glasgow last season.
- Meinke, citing what he’s heard around the Lions’ organization, reports that Jackson is the more likely to start over Sternberg after completing a “polished” senior-season at Ohio State.
- Packers OLB Rashan Gary said he’s excited to get back to work and for the 2020 season: “I’m just excited to get back with the guys and start working so when it comes to the season I can have the season that I want and that’s basically for me to be an impact player & that’s what I’m going to be.” (Jim Owczarski)
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur says if allowed, the team will bring in rookies a week earlier than the rest of the players for training camp. (Aaron Nagler)
According to Ben Goessling of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, the Vikings guaranteed $473,000 total to their undrafted free agent class, including:
- CB Nevelle Clarke: $15,000 signing bonus, $100,000 base salary guarantee
- WR Quartney Davis: $10,000 signing bonus, $100,000 base guarantee
- WR Dan Chisena: $10,000 signing bonus, $50,000 base guarantee
- OT Brady Aiello: $10,000 signing bonus, $35,000 base guarantee
- LB Blake Lynch: $10,000 signing bonus, $30,000 base guarantee
- TE Jake Bargas: $10,000 signing bonus, $20,000 base guarantee
- S Myles Dorn: $10,000 signing bonus, $20,000 base guarantee
- DT David Moa: $10,000 signing bonus, $20,000 base guarantee
- C Jake Lacina: $6,300 signing bonus
- TE Nakia Griffin-Stewart: $5,000 signing bonus
- G Tyler Higby: $2,000 signing bonus
- LB Jordan Fehr: $0 guaranteed