- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler mentions the Bears as a team to watch for Bill Belichick in 2025, depending on how the season plays out.
- Fowler says he hasn’t spoken with a single scout or executive who doesn’t think the Bears should keep the No. 1 overall pick and select USC’s Caleb Williams. “There’s Caleb and then a pretty big gap,” a high-ranking personnel executive tells Fowler.
- Brad Biggs reports that the Raiders are expected to hire Bears assistant offensive line coach Luke Steckel as their new TEs coach.
Former NFL CB Richard Sherman, who played under Packers’ new DC Jeff Hafley with the 49ers from 2016-2018, said Hafley does a great job of studying offenses and will be a great fit for Green Bay.
“I think Haff is a great coach that focuses on the details. Always has a great plan and adjustments. His team will see the looks they will see on Sundays throughout the week because of the time he puts in studying and understanding offenses. He’s going to be a great fit,” said Sherman, via Matt Schneidman.
- According to Aaron Wilson, new Ravens DC Zach Orr had an offer to become the Packers defensive coordinator, but elected to stay in Baltimore.
- Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports the hiring of former NFL QB Sean Mannion to the staff will not impact current QB coach Tom Clements and he’s expected back in 2024.
- Silverstein adds two defensive assistants who will not return next season are passing game coordinator Greg Williams and ILB coach Kirk Olivadotti.
- ESPN’s Rob Demovsky says DB coach Ryan Downard and pass rush specialist Jason Rebrovich will remain on the Packers staff under Hafley.
- According to ESPN’s Dan Graziano, the Vikings are “working to see if they can keep” QB Kirk Cousins and are hoping to have an answer at some point in the next few weeks.
- Minnesota is not able to franchise Cousins this offseason and there is an incentive to get a deal in place before March 12 to prevent dead cap acceleration.
- Graziano reports that contract talks between the Vikings and DE Danielle Hunter are on hold until the team figures out what they’re doing with Cousins.
- Graziano mentions the idea of pairing LSU QB Jayden Daniels with WR Justin Jefferson “has appeal to some in the organization.”
- Graziano tossed out the Vikings as a potential team to watch in a move up the draft board for a quarterback this year with the Patriots being a potential match at No. 3 overall.
- The Vikings are expected to hire Broncos DL coach Marcus Dixon for the same role in Minnesota. (Graziano)