- The Athletic’s Greg Auman writes that the Bucs are likely to cut WR Desean Jackson, DE Vinny Curry and DE William Gholston this offseason.
- Auman says the team will also look at potentially parting ways with one or more of their DTs including Gerald McCoy, Mitch Unrein and/or Beau Allen.
- The Bucs also have hard decisions to make about upcoming free agents OT Donovan Smith, WR Adam Humphries and LB Kwon Alexander, each of whom could demand more than the Bucs are willing to give, according to Auman.
- The Athletic’s Jason Butt writes that the Falcons are unlikely to bring back CB Robert Alford at his current $9.1 million salary for the 2019 season.
- Butt says that if Atlanta can’t work out an extension with DT Grady Jarrett, he’s a candidate to receive the franchise tag.
- The Falcons could also look to extend DE Vic Beasley, but not at his current $12.8 million salary on the fifth-year option.
- According to D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Falcons DBs coach Charlie Jackson left the team to become head coach at Kentucky State.
- The Athletic’s Joe Person writes that the Panthers could create $10 million in cap space by designating OT Matt Kalil and CB Captain Munnerlyn as June 1 cuts.
- Person doesn’t expect upcoming free agent WR Devin Funchess to return.
- Person also thinks DE Julius Peppers won’t return for another season in 2019.
- The Panthers will look to re-sign S Eric Reid and OT Daryl Williams this offseason, according to Person.
- Carolina is also expected to be in the market for a backup quarterback, like Ryan Fitzpatrick or Tyrod Taylor.