- According to ESPN’s Jenna Laine, Buccaneers CB M.J. Stewart has a sprained right knee and could be out for a couple of weeks.
- Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians confirmed that Stewart could miss three to four weeks with his injury. (Greg Auman)
- The Buccaneers are expected to be in attendance at Colin Kaepernick‘s workout. (Auman)
- The Buccaneers will save the remaining $930,000 in base salary on CB Vernon Hargreaves‘ deal after he was claimed by the Texans. (Auman)
- Per Kelsey Conway of the team website, Falcons HC Dan Quinn says the reports that TE Austin Hooper will miss a month “didn’t come from our building.”
- ESPN’s Vaughn McClure writes that Hooper is out at least for this week and is considered week-to-week.
- Quinn added it was unlikely Falcons RB Devonta Freeman would be back from his foot sprain this week. (McClure)
- Per Max Henson of the official team website, Panthers second-round rookie OT Greg Little (concussion) returned to practice while sixth-round rookie OT Dennis Daley (groin) sat out.
- Panthers CB James Bradberry (groin) said he went through the whole practice Wednesday and is optimistic he’ll be back this week. (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- Panthers S Eric Reid said he brought up QB Colin Kaepernick last week to team owner David Tepper, who told him Carolina wasn’t in the market for a veteran quarterback right now but if they were, Kaepernick would be considered: “I said I’m gonna hold you to that.” (Rodrigue)
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera confirmed the team had interest in both RB Mike Davis and WR Donte Moncrief in free agency this offseason. Carolina claimed both off waivers in recent weeks. (Rodrigue)