- According to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston‘s broken thumb won’t sideline him this week against the Lions.
- The Buccaneers tried out RB Bruce Anderson, RB Marcus Marshall, WR Spencer Schnell, WR Trevion Thompson and WR Alex Wesley on Tuesday. (Howard Balzer)
- Tampa Bay also hosted RB Tony Brooks-James for a visit.
- Buccaneers placed RB T.J. Logan on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Buccaneers promoted WR Ishmael Hyman to their active roster.
- ESPN’s Vaughn McClure highlights pass rusher as the top need for the Falcons in the draft this offseason.
- Falcons placed W Calvin Ridley and CB Desmond Trufant on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Falcons signed CB Jamar Taylor. (NFLTR)
- Falcons promoted LB Ahmad Thomas to their active roster.
- Falcons signed TE Carson Meier and LB Quentin Polin to their practice squad.
- According to Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio, the Panthers are considering making an “outside the box” coaching hire and that came in response to a question about if the team would pursue a candidate who is currently the head coach of another team.
- If that’s the case, Florio says the most obvious candidate would be Steelers HC Mike Tomlin, who Panthers owner David Tepper is familiar with from his time as a minority owner in Pittsburgh.
- Carolina would likely have to surrender cash and draft picks, assuming Tomlin and the Steelers were even open to considering the move.
- Panthers QB Cam Newton underwent Lisfranc surgery Monday in New York. (Joseph Person)
- The Panthers are mentioned as a possible destination for Patriots executive Nick Caserio. (Ben Volin)
- Quarterback and the interior of both the offensive and defensive lines rank among the Panthers’ top needs in the draft this coming offseason. (David Newton)