- Per Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston said he will follow a similar practice plan this week as he did last week, which includes waiting until later in the week to throw with an actual football: “I still got to get healthy, try to get as healthy as I can. So whatever we discuss going into today’s practice, that’s the plan we’ll take.”
- Buccaneers signed WR Cyril Grayson off of the Cowboys’ practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Buccaneers placed WR Scotty Miller on injured reserve.
Falcons QB Matt Ryan is the latest player to show support for HC Dan Quinn. Atlanta is 4-2 since starting the season 1-7, and while Quinn once looked like he was in serious jeopardy of not even finishing out the season, wins against New Orleans and San Francisco have opened the possibility he returns in 2020.
“I think experience has taught me you’re playing for your job every week and every opportunity you have to put yourself on film and go out and compete, you’re playing for your livelihood,” Ryan said via Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer. “Guys understand that from a coaching perspective, too. Everybody is in this to win games and I know we all love playing for Dan.”
- Falcons placed DE Takk McKinley on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Falcons promoted DE Austin Larkin to their active roster.
- According to the Athletic’s Joseph Person, a team source said it would be fair to say Panthers GM Marty Hurney is hiring his eventual successor with the new assistant GM/VP of football operations role.
- Person lists Patriots executive Nick Caserio, Bills player personnel director Dan Morgan, Steelers GM Kevin Colbert, Seahawks co-director of player personnel Trent Kirchner, Browns assistant GM Eliot Wolf, Titans VP of player personnel Ryan Cowden, former Texans GM Rick Smith and Patriots pro personnel director Dave Ziegler as potential candidates for Carolina.