Home Buccaneers NFC South Notes: Buccaneers, Falcons, Panthers, Saints
- According to Rick Stroud, Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said DT Gerald McCoy is one of those players who doesn’t need to attend offseason workouts.
- When asked why HC Bruce Arians told McCoy not to attend workouts, Licht said, “You would have to ask Bruce.“
- The player who’s impressed the Buccaneers the most so far has been RB Ronald Jones, per Licht: “I will say this: Bruce feels very good about our running back situation. He’s gone on record talking about Peyton (Barber) and probably right now the guy we’re all collectively the most impressed with is RoJo.” (Greg Auman)
- Licht says the uncertainty surrounding LB Kendell Beckwith doesn’t affect their draft plans. (Auman)
- Licht added Beckwith is seeing specialists around the country regarding an ankle injury suffered during a car accident that he still has not been cleared to practice on. (Auman)
- Jason La Canfora pegs the Buccaneers as a team to watch for Houston DL Ed Oliver at No. 5 overall.
- According to Pro Football Talk, Falcons’ DT Grady Jarrett was not in attendance for the start of offseason workouts Monday.
- Jarrett was franchise-tagged by the Falcons for $15.2 million, but he hasn’t signed it yet as the two sides work toward a long-term deal before the July 15 deadline.
- Falcons DE Adrian Clayborn‘s new deal includes a $750,000 signing bonus, a base salary of $930,000 and per-game active roster bonuses of $20,000. (Vaughn McClure)
- UNC-Charlotte OL Nate Davis will visit the Falcons Wednesday. (McClure)
- Washington OT Kaleb McGary will visit the Falcons on Tuesday. (Ian Rapoport)
- According to Josh Katzenstein, Saints CB Ken Crawley is expected to sign his tender next Monday when the Saints begin offseason workouts.