- According to the Athletic’s Greg Auman, Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston is not wearing any kind of brace or splint on his fractured thumb.
- Winston said he suffered the injury late in the first half but didn’t recognize how bad it was until he tried to grip the ball coming out for the second half. (Auman)
- Winston was limited in practice and ceded first-team reps to backup QB Ryan Griffin. (Rick Stroud)
- However, Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians said the expectation is for Winston to play Sunday against the Lions. Winston will throw later in the week. (Auman)
- Buccaneers OT Demar Dotson says he wants to keep playing after this season. The 34-year-old is in the final year of his deal in Tampa Bay: “I think I can still play football. I’m not really throwing it in yet. Right now, I have every intention of continuing to play.” (Auman)
- Spotrac’s Michael Ginnitti highlights Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey as the top extension candidate for Carolina, with QB Cam Newton the most notable candidate to be traded or released.
- Panthers TE Greg Olsen returned to the practice field. He missed Sunday’s game with a concussion. (Max Henson)
- Per Panthers interim HC Perry Fewell, Newton is resting at home in Atlanta following his successful foot surgery. (Henson)
- Panthers second-round rookie OT Greg Little says he still hopes to recover from his high ankle sprain in time to play again this season. (Person)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!