Home Buccaneers NFC South Notes: Buccaneers, Falcons, Panthers, Saints
- Greg Auman notes that the Buccaneers have a decision to make regarding RT Demar Dotson, whose contract has a $4.85 million option for the 2019 season.
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn announced that RB Ito Smith underwent a knee scope on Wednesday for meniscus damage. (Vaughn McClure)
- Panthers LB Thomas Davis said his future in Carolina: “I only want to wear these colors. I’ve expressed that over and over. But at the same time, I don’t want to be put into a situation where I’m forced to walk away too early. So we’ll see what happens.” (Joe Person)
- According to Panthers WR Jarius Wright, opponents were more than aware that Newton wasn’t going to be able to throw the ball deep: “It keeps guys on their toes now. It’s funny because some of the (opposing defensive backs) actually tell us on the field, ‘We’re not scared of y’all going deep. Cam won’t.’ They’ve actually mentioned that multiple times. …Just having [Heinicke] out there keeps everybody on their toes.” (Charlotte Observer)
- Panthers placed LB Shaq Thompson on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Panthers promoted QB Kyle Allen to their active roster.
- Panthers signed DT Elijah Qualls to their practice squad.