- Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said that they would like to bring back veteran CB Brent Grimes for the 2018 season. (Marc Sessler)
- Licht mentioned that WR Chris Godwin has earned the right for a bigger role in 2018. (Rick Stroud)
- According to Licht, they’ve had discussions with free agent QB Ryan Fitzpatrick and really liked what he did for them and Jameis Winston last year. (Rick Stroud)
- Licht did, however, make it clear that they do not have an agreement with Fitzpatrick and are not on the verge of re-signing him and they still plan to evaluate the field of quarterbacks. (Rick Stroud)
- Although Panthers GM Marty Hurney said that the team would like to re-sign K Graham Gano, he added it is “hard to predict anything” at this point in time: “I mean, Graham missed one kick for us last year. He had a phenomenal year. He’s definitely a guy that we want to get re-signed and is a priority, but as I said, this time of year it’s hard to predict anything. It’s just a fluid process day-to-day.” (Panthers’ official site)
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Panthers sale is tentatively slated to be discussed and voted on during the NFL Spring Meeting in Atlanta. According to Rapoport, this is an indication of significant interest in the purchase of the team.