- Per Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Buccaneers WR Chris Godwin said there hasn’t been any movement on a potential contract extension yet as he enters the final year of his rookie deal in 2020: “I would love for something to get done.”
New Falcons RB Todd Gurley grew up in North Carolina and has spent his entire NFL career to this point with the Rams. But the former University of Georgia runner has fond memories of his time in school. He would visit campus regularly from Los Angeles and frequently wore Georgia apparel. So for Gurley, getting traded to the Falcons and suiting back up in red and black feels like coming home.
“It’s where I grew up. It’s where I turned into a man,” Gurley said via the Athletic’s Jason Butt. “It’s where I learned everything that I’ve been able to do these last couple of years. It’s where I developed my football habits, meeting great people, great relationships. I still have friends who are still in Georgia that I stay in contact with. It just feels like home. It’s a great feeling to be back. I’m super excited.”
- The Athletic’s Larry Holder says the Saints haven’t ruled out moving C Erik McCoy to guard at some point if they find a center they like.
- Holder writes it’s very possible the Saints trade a future pick to move up in the draft this year.
- Holder mentions tight end will be an option for the Saints in the later rounds.
- Holder thinks the only quarterback the Saints would trade up for is Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa if he starts to slip.