Home Falcons NFC South Notes: Falcons, Panthers, Saints
- Per ESPN’s Vaughn McClure, Falcons P Matt Bosher won’t kick in practice until Friday.
- The Falcons recently signed P Matt Wile to the practice squad, who would presumably get the call up to the active roster if Bosher can’t play Sunday.
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn says Wile could punt, kickoff and hold if needed. (McClure)
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Panthers QB Cam Newton is still in a walking boot dealing with his foot sprain. If he practices this week, he has a shot at playing, but he won’t play without practicing.
- Panthers QB Kyle Allen will be in line to get the start if Newton can’t go.
- Panthers TE Greg Olsen said his back is feeling better. He’s not sure if his nose was broken or not during a hit last Thursday night, but he says the bruising has gone down. (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- Panthers DE Bruce Irvin is still rehabbing a pulled hamstring and appears set to miss his third straight game. (Joseph Person)
- Per NFL Media’s Omar Ruiz, Saints HC Sean Payton says the team doesn’t currently plan to put QB Drew Brees on injured reserve following his thumb injury.
- Payton added the team would take it week-to-week with Brees. The potential timetable floated by some suggests Brees will be out six to eight weeks. Injured reserve would have sidelined Brees for eight weeks.
- The Saints plan to go into next week with both quarterbacks Teddy Bridgewater and Taysom Hill active, but Payton declined to say which one would start. (Ruiz)