- Adam Schefter reports that two weeks after agreeing to a deal with the Falcons, RB Todd Gurley still hasn’t taken his physical because he’s quarantined in Los Angeles.
- According to DE Robert Quinn, it was “coin flip” between signing with the Bears or Falcons. (Kevin Fishbain)
- Scouts around the NFL have told Matt Miller that cornerback is the position to watch for the Falcons.
- Miller expects Florida CB C.J. Henderson to still be on the board by the time Atlanta is on the clock at No. 16 overall.
“I know winning is in [Rhule’s] blood,” Anderson said, via David Newton of ESPN.com. “I know that’s what he’s here to do. There wasn’t much he had to sell me on. When I saw Teddy sign there it really was the icing on the cake. It really attracted me to want to be a Panther.”
- One source tells Matt Miller of B/R that Panthers HC Matt Rhule and Joe Brady could surprise a lot of people and draft a wide receiver at No. 7 overall: “Look at that LSU offense. They’re going to need more athletes at wide receiver to run Brady’s scheme.”
- While a quarterback of the future may make some sense for the Saints, Matt Miller of B/R says team sources do not expect this to happen this year “unless the value is perfect.”