- Central Michigan CB Xavier Crawford visited the 49ers Wednesday. (Tom Pelissero)
- Stanford WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside attended the 49ers’ local pro day. (Eric Branch)
- Other local pro day attendees include San Jose State TE Josh Oliver, UC-Davis WR Keelan Doss, Stanford TE Kaden Smith, Fresno State WR KeSean Johnson and Stanford P Jake Bailey. (Matt Barrows)
- 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo said his rehab is progressing well and he will wear a brace on his left knee this season. (Matt Maiocco)
- UAB LB Tre Crawford visited the Cardinals Wednesday. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Miami DE Joe Jackson recently visited the Cardinals. (Tom Pelissero)
- According to NBC Sports’ Josh Norris, the Rams have hosted a number of safeties on visits, including Alabama’s Deionte Thompson, Washington’s Taylor Rapp, Virginia’s Juan Thornhill, Mississippi State’s Johnathan Abram, Maryland’s Darnell Savage and Miami’s Sheldrick Redwine.
Seahawks QB Russell Wilson said his main goal was staying in Seattle.
“My goal is to end it here. To leave a lasting impression on this city,” Wilson said via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times. “I want to be a Seahawk for life. That was kind of my mentality.”
- Seahawks GM John Schneider said it wasn’t a major concession to include a no-trade clause in Wilson’s deal: “We want him to be here for life.” (Jessamyn McIntyre)
- For his part, Wilson says he wants to play 20 years, which would be until he’s 43. (Condotta)
- Idaho LB Kaden Elliss visited the Seahawks Wednesday. (Tom Pelissero)
- Michigan State CB Justin Layne visited the Seahawks on Wednesday as well. (Ian Rapoport)