- The 49ers had a virtual meeting with TCU DT Ross Blacklock. (Aaron Wilson)
- According to Alabama DT Raekwon Davis, the 49ers, Packers, Dolphins, Ravens, and Eagles have been in the most contact with Davis.
- New Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins said of getting traded to Arizona: “No, I wasn’t surprised at all I was traded.” (Josh Weinfuss)
- Jason La Canfora says the more he’s dug into the idea of the Cardinals taking an offensive lineman at No. 8 overall, he believes a defensive lineman makes a lot of sense for them and is definitely in play.
- In fact, La Canfora believes the Cardinals would be the latest Auburn DT Derrick Brown falls in this year’s draft.
The Rams have become known for making bold decisions in recent years. That continued this offseason, albeit with a different tenor as they slashed the roster. The changes extended to the coaching staff as longtime DC Wade Phillips was replaced by 37-year-old Brandon Staley. Rams HC Sean McVay was impressed with Staley’s roots in Broncos HC Vic Fangio‘s defense that has given him issues and he wanted more synergy between Los Angeles’ offensive and defensive schemes.
“One of the things that was exciting about Brandon and a lot of the visions he had, there was a very similar philosophy, in terms of how it’ll best suit our players but also marry with that team approach,” McVay said via Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer. “When you look at some of these teams, it’s about winning football as a team, not playing separately as far as offense, defense and special teams. …There are different ways to do it. [But] you referenced New England, they’ve done as good a job as anybody being able to adjust and adapt their system specific to their opponents but still have an identity with how they want to operate week in and week out. And I think that’s why they’ve been the most consistent program over the last handful of years.”
- Rams WR Cooper Kupp is not worried about a contract extension and believes the situation will be resolved: “There’s so much is going on in the world right now. It’s really not a priority at this time.” (Gary Klein)
- The Seahawks had a virtual meeting with TCU DT Ross Blacklock. (Aaron Wilson)
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that FAU CB James Pierre has met with the Seahawks and the Ravens.