49ers HC Kyle Shanahan mentioned that they plan to monitor guards Mike Person and Joshua Garnett this week to see how they respond before making any changes.
“But we’ve got to see how they respond to treatment during the week to kind of have an idea of whether they have a chance this week and, going forward, whether it will be week-to-week after that. Need a few more days to kind of understand that,” Shanahan said, via the East Bay Times.
- Matt Barrows reports that the 49ers reached an injury settlement with FB Malcolm Johnson.
- The 49ers brought in free agent DE Daeshon Hall for a tryout last week. (Howard Balzer)
- Cardinals HC Steve Wilks said they’re bringing in free agent linebackers and tight ends for tryouts this week. (Bob McManaman)
- Tom Pelissero reports that the Rams restructured LB Mark Barron’s contract before the season opener, which includes him taking a $500,001 pay cut in return for his remaining salary being guaranteed.
- According to Pelissero, the Rams DE Matt Longacre also took a cut.
- Both moves created total cap savings of over $2 million.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said that WR Doug Baldwin did not sustain an MCL tear but is dealing with “MCL issues” and could miss at least a “couple weeks.” (Andy Patton)
- Carroll added that it “would take a lot” for Baldwin to play in Week 2. (Bob Condotta)
- Regarding Seahawks RB Chris Carson, Carroll said he “really took the lead at that position” during Week 1’s game against the Broncos, while rookie RB Rashad Penny “looked a little rusty.” (Bob Condotta)