- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan told reporters that he’s “just guessing” QB Jimmy Garoppolo will be able to throw in OTAs next spring after undergoing surgery to repair his ACL. Shanahan said that Garoppolo’s surgery went “as good as it could.” (Cam Inman)
- According to Shanahan, LT Joe Staley “at least has a chance to play” against the Cardinals after practicing on Friday. (Cam Inman)
- The 49ers officially ruled out rookie WR Dante Pettis (knee) and have OT Joe Staley (knee), C Weston Richburg (knee), CB Jimmie Ward (hamstring), OT Mike McGlinchey (knee), RB Matt Breida (shoulder), CB Richard Sherman (calf), and WR Marquise Goodwin (hamstring) all listed as questionable.
- The Arizona Cardinals officially list CB Bene’ Benwikere (neck), WR Larry Fitzgerald (hamstring, back), DE Markus Golden (knee), DT Robert Nkemdiche (foot), DT Corey Peters (elbow), CB Jamar Taylor (back, hamstring), and OT John Wetzel (shoulder) as questionable for Week 5.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said Friday that DE Frank Clark has been sick all week with a “bad stomach” and added: “We’ve just got to wait it out.” (John Boyle)
- The Seahawks officially ruled out DE Rasheem Green (ankle) and LB K.J. Wright (knee) for Sunday’s game against the Rams and have DE Frank Clark (illness) and C Ethan Pocic (ankle) down as questionable.