- Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports mentions that the 49ers expect RB Jerrick McKinnon (ACL) to be fully cleared by the start of training camp.
- Maiocco believes 49ers RB Jeff Wilson faces an “uphill climb” to secure a roster spot.
- According to Maiocco, Tevin Coleman is the “odds-on favorite” to be the 49ers’ lead running back.
- Maiocco expects CB Ahkello Witherspoon will start opposite of Richard Sherman, assuming Jason Verrett isn’t healthy.
- Regarding Verrett, Maiocco says he’s expected to be cleared in time for training camp to compete for a starting job.
- As for free agent addition LB Kwon Alexander (ACL) and first-round DE Nick Bosa (hamstring), Maiocco writes that both “should be ready” for training camp.
- Maiocco says that veteran TE Garrett Celek may have a “difficult time continuing his career” as he remains on the concussion protocol and faces another two-month rehabilitation from back surgery.
Cardinals OT Desmond Harrison said he was “shocked” when the Browns released him for being late to minicamp, adding he “never had a sense that was coming.” The Cardinals claimed Harrison off waivers to give him a second chance.
“One door closes and another one opens,” Harrison said via Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic. “I didn’t have to wait too long before I got picked up by another team, so that helped. I’m glad I’m in Arizona now. The coaches here, they told me they like me a lot, especially the stuff I’ve put on film. We’ve got a lot of competition here, a lot of smart guys and a lot of guys who have played a lot of football as well. So, for me, it’s just going to be about coming in, keep my head down and work hard every day.”
Corry mentions that Wagner is “legitimately in the NFL’s best defensive player discussion” and a “much better player” than Mosley.