49ers CB Richard Sherman is dealing with a hamstring injury that will cost him Sunday’s game. However, Sherman expects to return for their Week 16 matchup with the Rams.
“I could play in this game if we had to have it,” Sherman said, via the San Francisco Chronicle. “Kyle and them are more cautious than I am. . . . I told them I just needed a couple of days. I needed a couple of days and I feel great today already. [I ran] 19 miles per hour, 20 miles per hour today. That’s really all you need to play.”
- Regarding a report that Sherman is out for the season, 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said: “I hope it’s week to week. That’s news to me.” (Cam Inman)
- OUT for Week 15: DE Dee Ford (quadricep, hamstring), DT D.J. Jones (ankle), CB Richard Sherman (hamstring), S Jaquiski Tartt (ribs), DT Jullian Taylor (elbow), CB K’Waun Williams (concussion)
Cardinals GM Steve Keim was asked if RB David Johnson will be among the players evaluated after the season.
“Those are the kind of conversations that will certainly be held internally,” Keim said, via AzCardinals.com. “I’m not going to have them on the radio. I will say this: We’ll take a deep dive into this roster and take a look at every guy. Not only their contract situation but as I said earlier, identifying the core of players moving forward and making sure we can build around them.”
- Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury said of the decision to cut veteran OLB Terrell Suggs on Friday: “Regarding Suggs, we’ve been having conversations as the season went on, as his role has been reduced, and we’ve kind of made the shift to playing some younger players. … In fairness to him to try to find a better fit right now, we released Terrell today.” (Katherine Fitzgerald)
- OUT for Week 15: WR Andy Isabella (shoulder), CB Kevin Peterson (shoulder), G Justin Pugh (back), LB Joe Walker (ribs)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned in a radio interview Friday that LB Mychal Kendricks‘ hamstring is “not doing real well” and he’s not been able to practice this week. (Stacy Jo Rost)
- According to Carroll, Seahawks DE Jadeveon Clowney was really sick this week but “will probably be OK” for Week 15.
- Carroll later told reporters that Clowney has been “pretty sick” and added: “Just judging from how other guys have recovered, the couple days from this point forward, he should bounce back pretty good. But it hasn’t been a great week for him at all. So we need to just wait and see.” (Brady Henderson)
- Seattle has since ruled Clowney out for Week 15.
- Carroll expects DE Ziggy Ansah to be a game-time decision on Monday.
- OUT for Week 15: LB Mychal Kendricks (hamstring), RB Rashaad Penny (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: DE Ezekiel Ansah (neck), CB Shaquill Griffin (hamstring), TE Luke Willson (hamstring)