- While 49ers RT Trent Brown is eligible to sign a contract extension this offseason, Matt Maiocco says it’s a “long shot.” Brown will likely get a huge contract at some point, but Maiocco seems to think it could come from another team.
- Another player who’s eligible for a new contract is Laken Tomlinson. Although, Maiocco writes that San Francisco may want to see more from him in the offseason before making a commitment.
- Maiocco notes that the 49ers have the cap space to make a run at signing Panthers G Andrew Norwell in free agency if they want to go that route.
- According to Maiocco, the 49ers aren’t sold on 2016 first-round G Joshua Garnett and he’ll have to prove himself against stiff competition this summer.
- The 49ers reportedly discussed an extension with C Daniel Kilgore during the season, but Maiocco says that those discussions never got very far.
- Mike Jurecki points out that Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald‘s $11 million 2018 base salary became fully guaranteed on Friday.
- According to Jurecki, Fitzgerald can make another $1 million in incentives by finishing No. 2 overall in receiving yards.
- This isn’t a big issue for Arizona, considering that they want him back for the 2018 season and if he were to retire, they wouldn’t be paying him this money.
- Brady Henderson mentions that Seahawks S Kam Chancellor‘s $6.8 million base salary for the 2018 season becomes fully guaranteed if he’s on the roster through Friday.
- Chancellor suffered what’s considered to be a career-threatening neck injury back in November, so his future in the NFL is unclear.
- If Seattle were to release Chancellor before his salary is fully guaranteed, Henderson says that it could open the door for a grievance.
- According to Henderson, it seems likely that Chancellor will remain with the Seahawks next season, even if he’s unable to play.
- According to Joel Corry, $4.9M of QB Russell Wilson‘s $15.5M 2018 base salary, and $4.5M of WR Doug Baldwin‘s $8.25M 2018 base salary are fully guaranteed as of Friday.
- Corry adds that C Justin Britt‘s $7.75M 2018 base salary also became fully guaranteed today.