- Per NBC Sports’ Matt Maiocco, 49ers RB Matt Breida has a slightly torn pec and will miss the rest of OTA’s. Breida won’t need surgery and should be ready for the start of training camp.
- 49ers RB Raheem Mostert had a second surgery to re-repair his broken forearm and will be out another month. (Maiocco)
- Following a cleanup procedure on his knee, 49ers LB Fred Warner will be out until training camp. (Maiocco)
- 49ers TE Garrett Celek is also still in the concussion protocol and won’t be cleared until training camp at least. (Maiocco)
- According to HC Kyle Shanahan, 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo won’t participate in any 11-on-11 team drills until training camp. (Omar Ruiz)
Rams WR Cooper Kupp says his goal is to be ready for the Rams Week 1 game against the Carolina Panthers.
“I’m taking it day-by-day,” Kupp said via Myles Simmons of the official team website. “It’s just about attacking this week, attacking the day as best as I possibly can. And I feel good about where I’m at.”
Even with Week 1 as the goal, Kupp says he tries not to look too far ahead in his rehab.
“I don’t set my goals months ahead on something like this – it’s almost daily, weekly goals,” Kupp said. “When I get out of bed, what’s today look like? How am I going to push myself? What are the goals I’m going to hit today that I’m making sure that tomorrow, the next day after that all line up with the big picture here. So keeping my goals kind of near-sighted versus far-sighted has been huge for me.”
Rams RB Todd Gurley was not at voluntary OTA’s as a part of a plan he and the team worked out together to manage Gurley’s offseason program.
“As long as we’re on the same page, we feel good about that,” HC Sean McVay said via Ryan Kartje of the Orange County Register, “And most importantly, Todd feels good. He’s got a lot of experience. He’s staying up to date with everything that’s going on. But that’s where we’re at with him right now.”
- Per Bob Condotta, Seahawks LB Bobby Wagner would like a contract bigger than the one signed this offseason by Jets LB C.J. Mosley: “That is the plan, to break that.”
- Wagner said he’s had some talks with the team and Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said everything is amicable, implying Wagner is a part of their offseason plan. (Condotta)
- Seahawks DL Jarran Reed and S Bradley McDougald will miss OTA’s and minicamp because of offseason surgeries, but will be back in time for training camp. (John Boyle)
- Seahawks S Delano Hill will operate on a similar timeline as he recovers from a late-season hip injury.
- Carroll said RB Chris Carson “had a little work done” on his knee and should be back in a couple weeks. (Boyle)