- Per Darren Urban of the team website, Cardinals RB David Johnson could be a game-time decision depending on how his back does at practice this week.
- Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury said they are still working with Johnson and his back, but they will have to see how things go this week.
- Cardinals signed LB Ramik Wilson. (NFLTR)
- Cardinals waived CB Chris Jones. (NFLTR)
“Those guys — they do a good job stepping up,” Tomlinson said, via Matt Barrows of The Athletic. “They know their assignments. So whoever they put out there, we believe in them to do a good job.”
“What I love about Nick is — this is the baller in him — he (told me): ‘There is so much more to get better at,’” Ford said, via Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle. “I am proud of him. He knows there is a lot left in the tank.”
- According to the Athletic’s Matt Barrows, the 49ers won’t make another change at long snapper from Garrison Sanborn. Shaky snapping contributed to three missed field goals from K Robbie Gould Monday night.
Through the first few games of the season, the Rams pass defense had been a strength of the team. But after being lit up in back-to-back weeks by Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston and Seahawks QB Russell Wilson, the Rams secondary is trying to regroup ahead of a major matchup against the undefeated division rival 49ers.
“I don’t think it’s just as far as the defensive backs,” Rams CB Marcus Peters said via Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times. “It’s the defense, period. Just all of us, just harping on it, just how to play better defense overall. How do we get off on third downs. How we can create some more turnovers. And just how we eliminate the big balls. The big ball’s the thing that’s been occurring these last few weeks, and just eliminate it.”
Rams HC Sean McVay coached under former Redskins HC Jay Gruden in Washington from 2014-2016. Many have speculated Gruden will end up on his brother’s staff in Oakland, however, McVay didn’t rule out the possibility of bringing on his former mentor in Los Angeles.
“He’ll have a lot of options,” McVay said via ESPN’s Adam Schefter. “Those are things that I think we’ll, I’m sure, discuss at some point. But right now it’s more about just reaching out to a buddy and seeing how he’s doing.”
- McVay told reporters that RB Todd Gurley has a thigh contusion in his left quad, but is considered day-to-day. (Lindsey Thiry)
- John Boyle of the Seahawks’ official site believes QB Russell Wilson is “absolutely a legit” MVP candidate if he is able to continue his form this season.
- Regarding the Seahawks’ possible plans at the trade deadline, Boyle writes that GM John Schneider should be expected to speak with other teams given his tendency to explore trade options.
- The Seahawks worked out Christian DiLauro, Dieugot Joseph and Chad Wheeler. (Aaron Wilson)