Cardinals’ veteran OL Justin Pugh said he must continue to prove he’s still capable of playing well.
“Everyone in this building knows who I am as a player and my work ethic and leadership and what I bring,” Pugh said. “But you have to go out and prove it. It’s a business. I realize that side of things as well. You have to produce or you might be looking for a job.”
Pugh doesn’t feel there is more pressure for him to perform because he has always pushed himself to produce.
“But there’s no more pressure, because even when I wasn’t getting paid as much, I still wanted to produce because I wanted to have a job. That doesn’t play into it at all. I know who I am as a player and how I stack up in the league.”
- Per NBC Sports’ Matt Maiocco, 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan says G Joshua Garnett will be out three weeks following surgery on his dislocated finger.
- 49ers DE Dee Ford has been dealing with tendinitis in his knee, but neither he nor Shanahan are concerned. He had the same issue during camp last year with the Chiefs. (Cam Inman)
- 49ers RB Jeff Wilson will be out one to two weeks with a calf injury. (Eric Branch)
- It will be at least three days until 49ers RB Jerick McKinnon comes off the PUP list. (Maiocco)
- Per Adam Maya, Rams RB Todd Gurley said on NFL Network the team drafting RB Darrell Henderson would be “a big help for me…That’s going to mean a lot.”
- Per Curtis Crabtree, Seahawks HC Pete Carroll confirmed first-round DE L.J. Collier has a “badly sprained” ankle and will be out “for a little bit.”
- Carroll added it was a bit of an unusual sprain and one they haven’t dealt with before.
- Carroll said Rasheem Green and Quinton Jefferson were currently at the top of the depth chart at defensive end and the team would consider bringing in more help. (Bob Condotta)
- The Seahawks think undrafted free agent TE Justin Johnson may have torn his Achilles. (Brady Henderson)
- Carroll mentions G Mike Iupati should return soon from a sprained foot. (Condotta)