- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan announced that WR Marquise Goodwin, LT Joe Staley, C Weston Richburg and RT Mike McGlinchey will all be questionable with knee injuries in Week 5.
- However, 49ers rookie WR Dante Pettis is out this week.
- Cardinals HC Steve Wilks confirmed that Mike Glennon will continue to be their backup quarterback, which means Sam Bradford will likely be inactive and lose $312,500 in per-game roster bonuses. (Josh Weinfuss)
- According to Wilks, RT Andre Smith is expected to return this from an elbow injury this week. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Wilks mentioned that WR Larry Fitzgerald (hamstring) and CB Bene Benwikere (spine) are both day to day. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Rams HC Sean McVay said of K Greg Zuerlein: “I think there’s a chance that Greg could be ready to go this week.” (Myles Simmons)
- Rams OLB Dominique Easley is likely out for the season following knee surgery. (NFLTR)
Regarding Earl Thomas giving the Seahawks’ bench the middle finger while being carted to the locker room, HC Pete Carroll said people should “give him a little slack.”
“People that are criticizing whatever happened don’t understand. This was an earth-shattering moment for a kid. He’s trying to play this game he loves and all of sudden this happens again. He knew exactly what happened to him so he went right to what it’s going to take to get back,” Carroll said, via ESPN.com.
“He had it all just totally figured out and was as emotional as you can get. … Give him a little slack. This is a very, very difficult moment that most people wouldn’t understand what that was all about.”
- Carroll said that Thomas fractured his tibia in pretty much the same spot he was injured two years ago. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Carroll mentioned that Tedric Thompson will step in for Thomas at free safety. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll confirmed that TE Will Dissly will have surgery this week for patellar tendon injury that is basically the same injury Jimmy Graham suffered back in 2015. (Bob Condotta)
- Seahawks owner Paul Allen announced Monday that the non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma that he was treated for in 2009 has returned and he’s begun treatment. According to Allen, his doctors are optimistic that I will see a good result.
- According to Carroll, they could look to add a tight end (Marcus Lucas, Darrell Daniels) off of their practice squad this week, but Ed Dickson is on track to return when eligible after Week 6. (John Boyle)